IN THE CASTLE’S PARK
IN THE CASTLE’S PARK, EVERYDAY, ON THURSDAY 11TH, FROM 1 P.M., THEN FROM 10 A.M. TILL DAWN :
– Instrument makers exhibition : More than a hundred instrument makers, be they French or from other countries, show their productions, have them heard and tried, advise customers and place orders. All of the traditional instruments are represented : drone instruments of course, such as hurdy gurdies and bagpipes, as well as picked or strummed instruments, accordions and percussions. Moreover, you can buy accessories (holders, strings,…) and sound engineering equipment (microphones or amplification system makers).
Charity or product-selling stalls will allow you to buy CDs, subscribe to some reviews, meet producers, artists, training course organisers, teachers, specialists of the Berry region’s heritage, and participate in a musical exchange corner, to sell (or buy) second-hand instruments…
– Animations : Balls, dance floor, open stage, open mic
On the dance floor, 2 bands per night will allow you to dance from midnight onward with a final jamming session on the last night.
Free access to the open stage will allow dance amateurs to try their luck. On the open mic stage, renowned bands will offer you their presence. You can follow daily posts on our website in order to get fresh news.
– Buffets, local producers, restauration : Refreshment stalls, local producers, restaurants: everything you need to grab something to eat between two dances, share a drink with friends at any moment…
THE DANCE WORKSHOPS
– Thursday, July the 11th from 2:00pm to 4:00pm in « La Pommeraie »
Trad’ pour les nuls – Initiation with Laurent Fosset and the duo of hurdy-gurdy Valérie Maugrion and Magalie Bordat
– Friday, July the 12th from 11:00am to 1:00pm in the Castle’s courtyard
Variantes cercles et chapelloises – KAZ KAN ZIE with Pierre and Ophélie
– Friday, July the 12th from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm in « La Pommeraie »
Danse traditionnelle de Vendée traditionals danses – Arbadétorne with Maxime Chevrier, Jean-François « Jeff » Rambaud, Michaël Auger
– Saturday, July the 13th from 11:00am to 1:00pm in the Castle’s courtyard
Family ball – Par le bout du Noz
– Saturday, July the 13th from 4:00pm to 6:00pm in « La Pommeraie »
Joutes dansées et ronds d’Argenton – Euphrasie with Elodie Suarez, Solange Panis, Margaux Pasquet
– Sunday, July the 14th from 11:00am to 1 :00pm in « La Pommeraie Danses Renaissance with Robin Joly (Compagnie Outre Mesure)
The dance workshops are open to all, there is no limitation concerning the number of participants.
The Musical Nap
An attractive concept: between 1pm et 2pm, under the trees and with a view overlooking the Vallée Noire, dear to George Sand, you can take a nap while listening to soft music! If you come on Friday, you will be back on Saturday and Sunday!
The musical strolls
Everywhere around the park, at any time, you can take a walk with different stroll music bands.
(line-up still in progress)
On Friday, July the 12th from 11.00 am to 1.00 pm in La Pommeraie :Instrumental competitions for hurdy-gurdy or bagpipes solo – results at 3.30 pm in the castle’s courtyard.
On Saturday, July the 13th from 11.00 am to 1.00 pm in La Pommeraie Instrumental competitions for little bands – results at 3.30 pm in La Pommeraie.
Registration at the opening of the festival
Information at the « Accueil Stand »
The winners will play at the opening of the main concerts.
PRESENTATION OF INSTRUMENTS BY THE STRING INSTRUMENT MAKERS
The string-instrument makers will come to present their work or a technical innovation (even technology) on a dedicated stage called « La Pommeraie » :
– on thursday 11th of July from 4 p.m to 6 p.m.
– on friday the 12th , saturday the 13th and sunday the 14th of July from 1 :15 p.m to 3 p.m.
Program available at the reception
- – Accueil, Billetterie
- – Salon de Lutherie
- – Scène clairière, concerts
- – Scène Pommeraie, ateliers, bals
- – Scène Château, ateliers, bals, concerts
- – Château, conférences, consignes
- – Village des associations
- – Stands préventions et divers
- – Espace restauration, producteurs locaux