In the castle’s park
In the castle’s park, everyday, on Thursday 12th, from 1 p.m., then from 10 a.m. till dawn :
– Instrument makers exhibition : More than a hundred instrument makers, be they French or from other countries, show their productions, have them heard and tried, advise customers and place orders. All of the traditional instruments are represented : drone instruments of course, such as hurdy gurdies and bagpipes, as well as picked or strummed instruments, accordions and percussions. Moreover, you can buy accessories (holders, strings,…) and sound engineering equipment (microphones or amplification system makers).
Charity or product-selling stalls will allow you to buy CDs, subscribe to some reviews, meet producers, artists, training course organisers, teachers, specialists of the Berry region’s heritage, and participate in a musical exchange corner, to sell (or buy) second-hand instruments…
– Animations : Balls, dance floor, open stage, open mic
On the dance floor, 2 bands per night will allow you to dance from midnight onward with a final jamming session on the last night.
Free access to the open stage will allow dance amateurs to try their luck. On the open mic stage, renowned bands will offer you their presence. You can follow daily posts on our website in order to get fresh news.
– Buffets, local producers, restauration : Refreshment stalls, local producers, restaurants: everything you need to grab something to eat between two dances, share a drink with friends at any moment…
On the main stage, at 9:00 p.m Thursday 12th , Friday 13th, Saturday 14th and at 5: 30 p.m Sunday 15th, concerts are proposed to gather music-lovers . You will listen to traditional instruments, but also innovative music, miscellaneous generations mixing several influences, original creations, experienced musicians or wannabe artists: a wealth of voices that arise in the Berry’s summer nights.
The dance workshops
– Thursday, July the 12th from 2:00pm to 4:00pm in « La Pommeraie »
Jean-Jacques Lecreurer with d’Anne Rivaud (accordion diatonic) and Alexandra Lacouchie (violin) – Dances from Limousin
– Friday, July the 13th from 11:00am to 1:00pm in the Castle’s courtyard
Jordan Tisner (voice, tambourine) and Martin Lassouque (boha) – Dances from Gascogny
– Friday, July the 13th from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm in « La Pommeraie »
Folklow me – Mazurka valse
– Saturday, July the 14th from 11:00am to 1:00pm in the Castle’s courtyard
Les quatre saisons – Family dancing
– Saturday, July the 14th from 4:00pm to 6:00pm in « La Pommeraie »
Thierry et Patricia Bouffard – Bourrées from Central-France
– Sunday, July the 15th from 11:00am to 1 :00pm in « La Pommeraie »
Renouveau de la danse Auvergne
The dance workshops are open to all, there is no limitation concerning the number of participants.
The musical nap
An attractive concept: between 1AM et 2AM, under the trees and with a view overlooking the Vallée Noire, dear to George Sand, you can take a nap while listening to soft music! If you come on Friday, you will be back on Saturday and Sunday!
The musical strolls
Everywhere around the park, at any time, you can take a walk with different stroll music bands.
(line-up still in progress)
On Friday, July the 13th from 11.00 am to 1.00 pm in La Pommeraie :Instrumental competitions for hurdy-gurdy or bagpipes solo – results at 3.30 pm in the castle’s courtyard.
On Saturday, July the 14th from 11.00 am to 1.00 pm in La Pommeraie Instrumental competitions for little bands – results at 3.30 pm in La Pommeraie.
Registration at the opening of the festival
Information at the « Accueil Stand »
The winners will play at the opening of the main concerts.
Presentation of instruments by the string instrument makers
The string-instrument makers will come to present their work or a technical innovation (even technology) on a dedicated stage called « La Pommeraie » :
– on thursday 12th of July from 4 p.m to 6 p.m.
– on friday the 13th , saturday the 14th and sunday the 15th of July from 1 :15 p.m to 3 p.m.
Program available at the reception
The children’s village
A childminding service will be available at « the village of children ». It will be monitored by childcare professionals for children aged 3 to 10 years old. There will be activities revolving around nature and music.
The village will be open from thursday to sunday from 2 p.m to 7 p.m.
Cost : 3€ per day and per child.
- – Salon de lutherie
- – Clairière (concerts du soir)
- – Conférences
- – Parquets, scènes
- – Restauration, buvettes, grills, producteurs locaux
- – Villages associations