In the castle’s park
In the castle’s park, everyday, on Thursday 13th, from 1 p.m., then from 10 a.m. till dawn.
– Instrument makers exhibition : More than a hundred instrument makers, be they French or from other countries, show their productions, have them heard and tried, advise customers and place orders. All of the traditional instruments are represented : drone instruments of course, such as hurdy gurdies and bagpipes, as well as picked or strummed instruments, accordions and percussions. Moreover, you can buy accessories (holders, strings,…) and sound engineering equipment (microphones or amplification system makers).
Charity or product-selling stalls will allow you to buy CDs, subscribe to some reviews, meet producers, artists, training course organisers, teachers, specialists of the Berry region’s heritage, and participate in a musical exchange corner, to sell (or buy) second-hand instruments…
– Animations :
Balls, dance floor, open stage, open mic :
On the dance floor, 2 bands per night will allow you to dance from midnight onward with a final jamming session on the last night.
Free access to the open stage will allow dance amateurs to try their luck. On the open mic stage, renowned bands will offer you their presence. You can follow daily posts on our website in order to get fresh news.
– Buffets, local producers, restauration : Refreshment stalls, local producers, restaurants: everything you need to grab something to eat between two dances, share a drink with friends at any moment…
On the main stage, at 9:00 p.m Thursday 13th , Friday 14th, Saturday 15th and at 5: 30 p.m Sunday 16th, concerts are proposed to gather music-lovers . You will listen to traditional instruments, but also innovative music, miscellaneous generations mixing several influences, original creations, experienced musicians or wannabe artists: a wealth of voices that arise in the Berry’s summer nights.
Throughout the day, the park will come alive with music: dance workshops , presentations of intruments by the instrument-makers on a dedicated stage (La Pommeraie) , intrumental competitions, performances by students from traditional music conservatories and schools in this region, launchings of new CDs, impromptu walks and jams…
Like the previous years, the village of associations will have a stage where the artists can produce, promote their CDs or simply share some good moments with the public.
Children will not be forgotten: a specially dedicated area will be available for them.
And why not take a walk, or a musical nap Friday, Saturday or Sunday from 1 pm to 2 pm under the lime tree?
The dance workshops :
– Thursday, July the 13th from 2:00pm to 4:00pm in « La Pommeraie »
Micheustef –Steps and variations along waltzes, mazurkas, scottish and polkas with « les yeux de Lilas » (Philippe Gaillard : accordion- Alain Hermanstadt : guitar)
– Friday, July the 14th from 11:00am to 1:00pm in the Castle’s courtyard
Les quatre saisons – family dancing
(Cécile Calvet : accordion, vocals – Carole Bertrand : animation, vocals – Cécilia Simonet : guitar, vocals – Laurent Poggiale : double bass)
– Friday, July the 14th from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm in « La Pommeraie »
Faburden Dances from Gascogny and Occitania
(Camille Lainé, Mateu Baudoin, Arnaud Bidonne, Camille Raibaud, Simon Guillaumin et Julien Estèves)
– Saturday, July the 15th from 11:00am to 1:00pm in the Castle’s courtyard
Ormuz Danses du Québec
Olivier Catteau : accordéons, clarinette, chant – Laure Gagnon : flûtes traversières, whistles, chant
Florian Huygebaert : podorythmie, guitare, chant – Hubert Fardel : contrebasse, basse
Martin Huygebaert : bombardes, guitare et chant – Dorian Bour-Wicart : violon et chant.
– Saturday, July the 15th from 4:00pm to 6:00pm in « La Pommeraie
Beat Bouet Trio dances from Britanny with Tristan, Yvan and Gurvan.
– Sunday, July the 16th from 11:00am to 1 :00pm in « La Pommeraie »
Hugues Rivière et Benoit Roblin dances from the Berry region.
The dance workshops are open to all, there is no limitation concerning the number of participants.
On Friday, July the 14th from 11.00 am to 1.00 pm in La Pommeraie :Instrumental competitions for hurdy-gurdy or bagpipes solo – results at 3.30 pm in the castle’s courtyard.
On Saturday, July the 15th from 11.00 am to 1.00 pm in La Pommeraie Instrumental competitions for little bands – results at 3.30 pm in La Pommeraie.
Registration at the opening of the festival
Information at the « Accueil Stand »
The winners will play at the opening of the main concerts.
Presentation of instruments by the string instrument makers
The string-instrument makers will come to present their work or a technical innovation (even technology) on a dedicated stage called « La Pommeraie » :
– on thursday 13th of July from 4 p.m to 6 p.m.
– on friday the 14th , saturday the 15th and sunday the 16th of July from 1 :15 p.m to 3 p.m.
Program available at the reception
The children’s village
A childminding service will be available at « the village of children ». It will be monitored by childcare professionals for children aged 3 to 10 years old. There will be activities revolving around nature and music.
The village will be open from thursday to sunday from 2 p.m to 7 p.m.
Cost : 3€ per day and per child.
- – Salon de lutherie
- – Clairière (concerts du soir)
- – Conférences
- – Parquets, scènes
- – Restauration, buvettes, grills, producteurs locaux
- – Villages associations